Behind Scality’s tailored, elevated data management and storage solutions are people — a diverse group of professionals who are united by a common goal: To help solve customers’ problems and strengthen their futures with data.
With demand for large-scale hybrid and multicloud solutions growing, so is the Scality team. Below, you’ll meet our latest senior executive hires in the EMEA and APAC regions. Scality is truly — and proudly — a company without borders.
Please join us in extending a warm welcome to Brett, Oleg, Bhaskar, Michel, Israel and Christoph! These new Scality team members share our vision and dedication. They also embody a Scality mantra that describes the value we place on having purpose, enjoying life in balance, and cultivating meaningful relationships: Work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer.
Here, you’ll learn about their roles, why they chose to join Scality, and what they do outside of work to create the healthy balance that allows them to perform at their best in service of Scality customers.
Interested in joining a diverse and dynamic team? Check out current openings at Scality.
Brett Lobwein, regional sales manager for Australia and New Zealand
Brett joins Scality following five years in senior manager positions at HPE.
- What is your role? I work with Scality customers and partners to address their growing data needs. It’s really exciting to work for a leader in file and object storage with such an amazing partner ecosystem.
- Why did you choose to come to Scality? Scality is a well-known market leader and, in my previous role at HPE, I had a good amount of exposure to the technology and culture of Scality. When I heard that Scality was building the team in Australia, I jumped at the chance to come on board. It was a no-brainer.
- What do you do for fun? Whenever possible, I get myself to the ocean. I’m also a professional underwater photographer.
Oleg Kokotovic, senior sales engineer for Australia and New Zealand
Oleg comes to Scality with 20 years of solutions architect and technical presales experience at companies including Fujitsu, HPE, IBM and NetApp.
- What is your role? Basically, I get to do what I love every day — help people solve real-life challenges through the use of technology.
- Why did you choose to come to Scality? During my 11+ years working in the storage industry, I’ve come to realize the importance of object storage. In particular, its value as the primary platform for storage of unstructured data, the most prevalent data type being created today. Scality has been a world leader in this space for many years and has an excellent offering that I love talking about and working with. Being that this is my second time around with Scality, I have a lot of care and respect for the people who work here.
- What do you do for fun? Lots of things! Fishing, snorkeling, boating, basketball, jiu jitsu, archery and gaming, just to name a few.
Bhaskar Peruri, regional sales manager for the Middle East and India
Bhaskar brings 15 years of experience in IT, sales and management, including roles at InfoVista and Silver Peak.
- What is your role? I identify, recruit and develop opportunities in my assigned region to generate sales, either directly or via resellers. Prospecting and developing partnerships with resellers as well as working with ISV and alliance partners to generate opportunities are also important aspects of my role.
- Why did you choose to come to Scality? Scality is a pioneer in file and object storage, as well as a multi-time leader according to Gartner Magic Quadrant and IDC Marketscape. The market share of object storage in my region is on the rise, and I wanted to be part of it.
- What do you do for fun? I love to cook, eat and feed friends. Family time is a priority for me. We enjoy doing things outdoors like camping, spending time at the beach and playing sports.
Michel Schipperijn, regional sales manager for the Netherlands and the Nordics
Michel has 20 years of sales leadership experience, most recently at Cohesity.
- What is your role? I develop Scality business in the Netherlands and Nordics, which involves business planning, channel development and revenue growth by executing strategy, including branding, marketing, lead generation and direct/indirect sales.
- Why did you choose to come to Scality? Scality has a great product in an emerging market that’s poised for rapid growth. The experience I bring will allow me to make a significant contribution to the overall growth of the company as well as have a positive impact on customers’ businesses, and that’s extremely exciting.
- What do you do for fun? As the proud father of four adult children and the grandfather to three grandchildren who live close by, I enjoy spending time with my family. I live on an old farm with animals, which keeps me quite busy, and I also enjoy skiing, golfing and hiking.
Israel Serrano, regional manager for Southern Europe
Israel joins Scality following 20 years in the storage industry at Infinidat, NetApp and HPE.
- What is your role? I’m responsible for developing and maintaining Scality business in Southern Europe — primarily Italy, Portugal, Greece and Spain.
- Why did you choose to come to Scality? Innovative technologies have always been the key driver behind my professional decisions. In this case, Scality’s software-defined approach, as well as the new markets and opportunities around object storage, were definitely factors that helped me make the decision. Also, the overwhelmingly positive comments about Scality’s company’s culture were key.
- What do you do for fun? In my spare time, I like to go trekking with my two dogs or skiing. On days when outdoor activities aren’t possible, I enjoy painting miniatures.
Christoph Storzum, regional director for DACH
Christoph joins Scality after 15 years at Dell EMC.
- What is your role? I drive the development of all Scality activities in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. At the most basic level, my aim is to establish Scality as a strong brand in the local market, reflecting our great offering and transformative technology for customers and partners alike.
- Why did you choose to come to Scality? I’ve actually been wanting to join Scality for two years! As always in life, persistence pays off. Even though I’m a sales guy, I’m a technologist at heart. For the next chapter of my business life, I was looking to put my energy toward a strong technology/product with limitless opportunity. Scality was my top choice. I’m eager to develop the team here and have a direct impact on business in this region.
- What do you do for fun? As time allows, I love taking long weekends to cruise through the Alps and further down to Italy on my Harley Davidson, enjoying the great weather and beautiful landscapes. It’s exhilarating to jump on my bike and head to where the wind is blowing and the sun is shining. My daily life is filled with the love and laughter of my wife and two young daughters. We enjoy taking long walks with our dog as well as camping.